Cara's Home Again Blog
My Homepage
If you care to comment, email me at

November 23, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a great time with their friends and family and turkey. Thanksgiving dinner was fun here at the beach house. Nanny made almost everything Maxwell friendly. We even had mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. After dinner we settled down to play some cards, but before that could happen we realized that the reason all of the toilets suddenly seemed to be clogged was really because the sewer was stopped up. This led to a night of no water usage or toilet flushing. We had some lovely smells about by morning. The plumber came out late morning and we were able to flush and shower around noon, thus eliminating all of the stinky smells from the house. That is aside from the fridge which still stinks everytime we open it. (It was broken for several weeks while no one was here and the mold had nice warm temperatures to flourish in. It's fixed now but may never smell the same again.)

I have spent this morning laying around the house eating cookies. Soon Brad and his dad will return with our Maryland blue crabs for this afternoon's feast. And when I'm sick of eating crabs, I'll eat some more Thanksgiving dinner.

November 18, 2007
Work is going well still. I'm not sick anymore so I feel much more in control. My first two weeks of work I felt so tired when I got home I was close to tears. All I wanted to do was go to bed. I feel much better now and when I got home from work today, I jumped on the trampoline with the kiddos, called a friend, cut Maxwell, Alora, and Brittan's hair (Zara still hasn't had a haircut yet) and I'm still going.

I'm planning on looking up the full time/part time laws next. I work 36 hours per week, more now since Michael said I could clock in half an hour early on weekdays, yet I'm still part time. We shall see what I uncover.

I don't have to work Thanksgiving which is great but I will be working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve. I don't like working holidays because my family is all at home, but I think what's really going to get to me will be working in the summer when the kids are home everyday. I feel like I'll never get to travel and visit my family again. I haven't seen my grandparents in Virginia and Maryland in over a year.

Of course now that I have a job and the stress of finding one is off, I can start thinking about what I really want to do. Right now I'm thinking school system, then I'd have off over the summers; or something freelance and independent like taking photographs of houses for insurance companies. For the time being, I am enjoying the hospital and learning a lot. It's nice to be an independent adult for part of the day and to be acknowledged for a job well done. Pay checks are good too. ;P

November 13, 2007
Well I don't want to leave you guys hanging, so here's a "Cara's New Job Update":

I started talking to the patients and verifying patient info on my second day. The patients weren't nearly as intimidating. I started registering patients on my own on my 3rd or 4th day, I can't remember now.

By now I've really figured out the computer system quite well and even a lot of the insurance codes. The trickiest part is the insurance and how to enter it properly into the computer. In the ER we accept all insurance types so you never know what you might get. The good thing is that I'm never really working alone. There are always several of us registering patients.

I like this job a lot but, I'm still not that comfortable with the ambulances yet. All of the EMTs are very nice though and some are quite entertaining. Yesterday over 20 ambulances came in while I was there. It was so busy and crazy, but the environment stayed relaxed. Everyone realizes that we do what we can do and we hustle when we need to and call in the supervisor when we need more help but no one gets stressed out about it which I love. My direct supervisor is very nice and easy to talk to. I had several not-so-run-of-the-mill patients today that he helped me out with.

I've learned a lot already, not to mention my way around the hospital. I'm still working on that one but I've got a lot of it down. Part of the problem is that the hospital has grown a lot, so where there was once a straight line to HR, there are now 5 turns. I know the ER now without looking where I'm going and I've been there less than 2 weeks. I guess that tells you how often I walk the halls.

I should have my uniform by the end of this week or early next week. I'll try and keep blogging. I'm so exhausted from my job when I get home in the evenings that all I want to do is go to bed. The theory is that I'll adjust. I sure hope so. I also need to stop catching colds, I think from Zara. It's 9:30pm and I should be in bed already. Most nights I am. Can you believe it? And I'd be in bed sooner if the little ones would cooperate. Zara goes to bed, after much protest and wandering around the house, with just a pull-up on and I have to go back in there later and dress her in warm pjs.

I start work at 9am so I get ready for work and take Maxwell to school at 8am and then have half an hour of extra time. I haven't figured out what to do with it yet. :) I get off work around 4:30pm and get home a little after 5pm. Bradley makes dinner, yay!!

And now your reward...

Me and baby me thank you for reading my blog. :P

November 6, 2007
Today was my first day working at the hospital. My work day started in the ER at 8:30am, I had already been in the hospital for a while, picking up my badge and then waiting around biding my time trying not to be too early. I followed Leia around all day. She showed me the ropes and boy are there a lot of them.

My job is to finish registering a patient once they've been assigned a room in the ER. This includes verifying name, address, insurance, emergency contact, etc. I get the initial papers from the triage nurse and then figure out which additional papers I need to pull from the stack and fill out and perpare for the patient to sign. I visit the patient in the room to complete registration. After visiting the patient I do the computer stuff, which is still kind of a blur. Then I drop off papers where they need to go and then start on the next patient. Today I used the computer programs, filled out papers and put patient label stickers on them. We get a whole sheet of stickers for each patient and I just love the stickers. I love all stickers and I get to work with them everyday now. So fun. :)

I did not talk to the patients today. I just observed. I think I'll give it a go tomorrow. I just wasn't comfortable yet bugging people while they were feeling miserable in the hospital. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon.

In case anyone is wondering, I did not see any gore today or anything particularly amazing, although I did hear some stories...

The people I work with are so nice and great to work with. I don't feel rushed to learn everything in a hurry. I had a fun day today although I was very tired when I got home. I would have loved to put the kids to bed at 6pm. Too bad they wouldn't sleep.

Well, that's my job. If you were just looking for halloween pictures, you took the long way but you finally made it:

November 3, 2007
Wogsland Halloween 2007:

Alora the Pirate and Brittan the Princess Witch.

Maxwell the young Jedi and Zara the Queen.

Also I will be starting a new job on Monday. I will be registering patients in the ER. I'm very excited and a little freaked out. I'll let you know how it goes and I'll post a picture of me in my uniform once I get it. That's one of my favorite parts. I don't have to buy any work clothes and they supply me with a uniform.

October 15, 2007
Happy Birthday Nanny!!!!!!
Thanks for all your help with the pantry... I love love love it!!!

October 9, 2007
All we want for Christmas is a new swingset, a new swigset, a new swingset...

A Poem from the Wogsland Children

We have a lot of stuff
And many many toys
But there is something else
That's sure to bring us joys...

Our old swingset is rusting
It's really falling apart.
We would like a new one,
Our parents think that is smart.

A nice sturdy wood one
To last for many years,
They cost a lot of money
enough to bring our parents to tears.

And so this christmas
What we'd really like to get
Is a gift of money
To go towards our new swingset

We really will understand
A lack of boxes under the tree.
The important things like always,
Are our friends and family.

2007 Wish Lists being updated daily. Check it our for Bday shopping for Alora and Brittan.

October 8, 2007
We are back in Tennessee and have been since July 8th. It's good to be back and I will try and be better about updating my blog.
As always you can check out my my YouTube channel for current happenings and sillyness.

We are getting ready for Halloween. Here's the current scoop on costumes:

Alora Pirate (home made)
Brittan Blue Sparkly Fairy Witch (home made)
Maxwell Jedi (home made)
Zara Princess-of-sorts or Chicken (she's loaded with costumes)
Cara Must choose from the costume box...
Brad V

Back to Top

Last Modified by Cara Wogsland.
Back to Cara's homepage Copyright 2007 Cara Wogsland. All rights reserved.